Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wailea Shawl

I am completely and totally smitten with my Wailea Shawl...

 Pattern: Wailea Shawl
Yarn: Knitpicks Hawthorne, Forest Park 

This is the first complex shawl I've knit in a while, and the first one that I couldn't get away without blocking. (For my non-knitting readers, blocking is when you get the finished shawl wet and then stretch it out so that the stitches are more defined. It's what transformed that shapeless lump I've been showing you for the last few weeks into an actual shawl.)


The pattern is free from the Crystal Palace Yarns website and was an absolute dream to follow. As much as I prefer charted patterns, this shawl made dealing with the written instructions worth it.

The yarn is Knitpicks Hawthorne in Forest Park. I used two skeins and added an extra ten rows of the bottom lace pattern so as little as possible would go to waste.


2 comments:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

That is so pretty! You are very clever to be able to knit like that (it is not one of my crafty talents.)

time4stitchn said...

Impressive. I really admire your knitting skills. It will be great to have on cool nights or cold winter days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails