Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Quest for More Photogenic Socks


It's hard to take pictures of socks while wearing them. I've done it quite a few times, but I'm never thrilled with the results. Teenage Daughter is usually a willing model, but she's currently working two jobs and running her own blog and her ankles aren't always available when I need them. Which has led to using my ten-year-old son's feet once or twice.  I'm not sure if that's better or worse than using my own foot.

Just after I placed my last order for sock yarn, I realized that Knit Picks sells sock blockers. I've been trying to be patient and wait for the next great yarn sale. Then a couple of days ago I saw sock shapers at Hobby Lobby, on sale for about the same price.


They're smaller than the socks I make (that vintage set of sock blockers I bought a couple of years back was too big -- it's a Goldilocks thing) and they're bright yellow, bright enough that it shows through the lace a bit. Anyone know if I can spray paint shiny plastic? I'd like them a lot more if they were a neutral color.

But they do what I needed and make the sock more sock shaped so that you can see the details. That makes me very happy.

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Yarn Along.
    

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

What a fine looking sock! I made one VERY BIG monster sock a few years ago and I must plunge ahead into sock making again.

Lucy Bowen said...

Lovely sock. I love my sock blocker, but it is wooden. I see no reason why you shouldn't paint them.

Judy S. said...

What interesting yarn! What is it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails