Sunday, August 25, 2013

I love Halloween Fabric

But this, in my mind at least, isn't seasonal Halloween fabric. It's the absolute perfect stuff to use for making the boys some sturdy book bags for hauling treasures home from the library. I'm wanting to do something like the bag I made for the Nancy Drew blog hop earlier this year.


I didn't realize until I took the picture how huge the pattern repeat on this fabric is. There are so many great movie posters here I'm going to have a hard time fussy cutting to make the bags. What can I leave out?  (On the bright side, I've got three bags to make and that center panel won't take much fabric. I've have a lot left over to play with!)

I did order four yards of fabric this week. Have you seen Rest in Pieces, the new Halloween line from Connecting Threads?!  If there's a more perfect fabric to back Hocuspocusville with, I haven't seen it.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 2 1/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 54 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 4 yards
Added Year to Date: 233 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 178 1/2 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2250 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 9500 yards
Net Added for 2013: 7250 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Finding Fifth.

4 comments:

Harriett said...

I too love Halloween fabric and was looking at connecting threads too.

Cindy said...

Hi.

Could you (would you) be willing to share the dimensions of the library tote, cutting instructions...that kind of stuff. I've made bunches of bags and probably can wing the actual construction.

Thanks
Cindy
frazzyus@yahoo.com

Suzanne said...

My daughter loves all things Halloween....I'm passing on your blog post to her. Thanks!

Kate said...

What fun fabric. It will make great book bags.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails