Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed
I'm one block short and out of red




Those last four monkey wrench blocks -- I actually needed five. And didn't discover that until yesterday afternoon when the baby was napping in his crib, the other three were playing pirates in a bedroom, and I laid the whole thing out so I could assemble it while no one was stampeding across the living room floor.

I resisted the temptation to make the whole quilt a row shorter and dug out the last of the blue background fabric, found another print to use for the scrappy corners, and stole some red from the fabric I just bought for the binding to make the last block. And I did manage to get it all put together before the screaming pirates descended on me.



Now, I've got three more little monkeys to finish. I'm not loving the fusible applique. There's actually a whole lot about this quilt I don't love, but I'm going to finish the thing come Hell or high water.

Tonight's plan -- more rounds of the ballet top. It should be just about long enough by now.

1 comment:

Pat said...

At least with a scrap quilt you can make the extra blocks pretty easily!! Believe me I totally understand the "but I'm going to finish the thing come Hell or high water" feeling!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails