Tuesday, May 29, 2018

{I've Been Reading} I Know What You Bid Last Summer



I Know What You Bid Last Summer by Sherry Harris

Sarah Winston has her hands full between a sports equipment swap and the yard sale of a client who, instead of understanding how these things usually work, wants hers to be an absolute event. Then  Sarah is attacked and the school superintendent is found dead in the gymnasium.... There's a lot going on in the latest Garage Sale Mystery and Sherry Harris manages to tie it all together with a satisfying conclusion. I enjoyed this one.



The Uninvited Corpse by Debra Sennefelder

After an embarrassing stint on a reality baking show, Hope Early is through with reality television and has been making her living as a food blogger. When a local woman is found murdered and her sister becomes a suspect, Hope adds sleuthing to her list of daily activities. I love cooking shows and  was hoping the book would tell us more about Hope's experiences on one, but it seems that she's left that part of her life behind...at least in this book. They kept calling her, so maybe it'll be an element in a future title. The glimpses into Hope's life were interesting, but I didn't find myself pulled into the mystery.

Disclosure -- I was provided with  advance review copies by the publishers. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails