Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Vinyl Zipper Bag


I've wanted to try sewing with clear vinyl for a long time now, but never took the plunge and bought any of it.  The more I look at zipper ideas on Pinterest, the more intriguing possibilities I stumble across.

I had enough advance notice before I lost my car last week to pick up a yard of the vinyl and decided to see if I could pull this project off without a teflon presser foot. It turns out that I could, since all of my sewing was through the fabric on the outside of the vinyl. The most fiddly part of the whole thing was making my own bias tape.

This is a mish-mash of a few different tutorials.  I'm not happy with all of  the little details, but I'll be giving it another try soon.

This post is linked to  Bag It over at Elm Street Quilts. 

2 comments:

KaHolly said...

Great job! Did the vinyl stick? This bag has such potential!

Patty said...

Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails