Saturday, September 05, 2015

Shepherd's Bush in Ogden


For more than a decade, I've been wanting to get back to Shepherd's Bush. We never seem to make it through Odgen on the right time of day or the right day of the week or when we've got an extra moment to spare, but last month the timing was right! 

Words do not capture how amazing this place is. There are shop models on every available space, labeled with the designer and pattern name. It's so helpful when you know what that thing that you just fell in love with actually is. If you can make out the magazine holders in the upper right corner of the picture, that's where the patterns are, all sorted by designer and easy to find. 

I managed to leave the store with only two new patterns and each had slips of paper inside telling me which threads they'd changed for the shop model. Even better than the new patterns, I left the store with a reminder of why I'd collected so many other patterns and threads and fabrics. 

When they're stitched up, they're gorgeous! 



The first time we stopped at Shepherd's Bush, we'd been tent camping in Dinosaur National Park for three days and were more than a little scruffy. Almost too scruffy to set foot in a needlework shop that I'd heard described as "the shrine", but I didn't know when or if I'd get another chance.

I still can't get over how kind and welcoming they were to my and my two grubby little children. This trip, everyone was freshly bathed, but Hubby and the boys waited patiently in the car.


Now that I've seen again how amazing this place is, I may not wait so patiently for my next opportunity to shop there! 

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

How fun! I love their designs.

Angie in SoCal said...

Wow, stuffed to the gills. What a treasure hunt. It does look like fun. I could get lost in there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails