Sunday, October 20, 2013

That fabric purchase doesn't count!

I did go to the fabric store this week and buy fabric, but fleece for Halloween costumes does not count towards my stash report. My husband told me to go out and buy it. If anyone has to claim it, it's him. Or the little boy who decided that he needed me to make him a costume for Halloween.

While I was waiting in line to pay for my fabric, a knitter was yelling at the store manager. I don't know what they'd done to set her off, but she was convinced that they should just give her her yarn for free to make up for it. The woman standing beside me said softly that they should give it to her just to shut her up.  Based on my own recent experience in that store, with that same manager, I was quietly rooting for the knitter. She was behaving badly, but the service in that store is really awful. Maybe, just maybe, she got them to see that.

I did use some fabric this week, finishing Malia.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 63 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 232 1/2 yards
Net Added for 2013: 175 3/4 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2950 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 10600 yards
Net Added for 2013: 7650 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love your title "this fabric doesn't count". I just went out to buy some solid fabric for my charity quilts. I am lucky a church member just donated 16 boxes of fabric and I get to sort, iron, cut-up the fabric.
It's Christmas for me.

Kate said...

I agree, fabric for anything other than quilts doesn't count.

barbara woods said...

that's right, i think we may be addicted

Jessica Hadden said...

Mmm... Just wondering what hubby's stash report looks like! ;)

Dar said...

Oh my, glancing too quickly at your stash numbers I read that you added 7650 yds in 2013. I thought WOW, that was some shopping trip!! LOL. Now I see that it is yarn. That's still a lot of fun shopping.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails