Thursday, October 10, 2013

Brrrr!

Coming from the desert back home to Oregon has been a shock to my system. It got cold while we were gone! And then I managed to break the thermostat last night when we got back from running errands and I tried to turn up the heat. Hubby fixed it -- have I mentioned that he's a genius at fixing things that I didn't even know could be saved?)

I'm loving my wool socks. Mostly, I wonder why I knit them, because 300 or so days a year I wear sandals. But on nights like tonight, I'm glad to have extra cozy toes.



These are my latest  finish, basic toe up stockinette with k2p2 ribbed cuffs, knit from Patons Kroy Socks Stripes, in Bronzed Berry Stripes. You can find the rest of the details in this Yarn Along post. I've been knitting longer cuffs ever since Judy's challenge, and once I got used to the idea that I had that many more inches to do, I decided that I really do like them better that way.

This post is linked to I Gotta Try ThatSew Much AdoFinish it Up FridayCan I get a Whoop Whoop?Get Crafting FridayPinworthy Projects, and Freedom FridaysWonderful at Home, and Inspired Friday.

2 comments:

ChristaQuilts said...

These are so cute! I love cozy socks that keep your toes toasty warm :-)

Snowcatcher said...

We get about 300 days of sunshine, but not all of them are as warm as what you must have. I could wear thick knit socks about seven months of the year! Those are beautiful socks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails