Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Antiquing in Arizona

When we're in Sedona, we always make a trip down to the antique stores in Prescott.  The drive is gorgeous and there's always fun stuff to drool over.  This trip it was toy sewing machines.


I spotted this cute blue one in the window of the first shop we visited. I did also see the Featherweight behind it, but not the second Featherweight above it. Or the Barbie books. Don't you love antique stores where there's so much fun stuff you can't take it all in?

This little embroidered bib was just too cute and so clean it can't have ever been used.


My well-trained eight-year-old spotted what he thought was a whole pile of Nancy Drew books. Can you see them there in the center of the picture? I sure didn't notice them in the store until he pointed them out to me. They were actually Dana Girls, which I would have loved to have brought home with me, but not for fifteen dollars a book.


While we were in Jerome, I got my first good look at the Liberty Theatre, which is now a gift shop and museum. We've been inside several times and Alex and I have even gone upstairs to see the theater itself, but I guess I'd never seen it from across the street. Here I've been thinking it was always an ugly concrete building.  Now I can see that there was more to it at one point.


This post is linked to Time Travel ThursdayTreasure Hunt ThursdayVintage Thingie Thursday, Share Your Cup, We Call it Olde, and Ivy and Elephants.Thriftasaurus, Thrift Share,

4 comments:

Jessica Hadden said...

So fun to look for treasure!

Tammy said...

Boy would that be a fun adventure to look through.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I could have a large time in that antiques shop! But I agree, $15 per book is awfully high. I love the ghost sign on the building, I like to photograph those, too. Thank you so much for sharing this at my We Call It Olde Link-Up. Another party starts on Tuesday, hope to see you there again. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I have been in Prescott a couple times and love the quaint town. I need to go again and do some antique shopping. I loved Nancy Drew as a girl. Those old books can be pretty pricey! Thanks for sharing you fun antiquing adventure with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails