Tuesday, April 09, 2013

the missing baby quilts

I'd finish these two baby quilts in a heartbeat -- if I could find them! Both vanished at the same time, around three years ago. I've turned the sewing room upside down. I've gone through boxes and drawers and there's not a trace of them anywhere.

One of these days, I'm hoping they'll turn up folded in a piece of batting or some other ridiculous place, but for now I suppose they belong in my UFO parade.


I made this one from some orphan blocks out of one of the scrap bags and then couldn't figure out what to put in those blank white squares. Now that the quilt is hiding from me, I've got plenty of ideas.


For this one, I was just playing with some strings from the scrap bags. The perfect backing is still waiting for it (and yes, I did check -- it's not folded up in the backing fabric!)

What's the longest stretch you've misplaced a quilt top for?

1 comment:

Crispy said...

I've never put a quilt in one of those "safe" places so have always found them. Not saying I always remember them though LOL.

Crispy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails