Monday, February 06, 2012

this one is mine

I'm starting something new, and this one is just for me. After I made the first drab lap quilt, I tried a second one to see how it would look without the muslin.

I liked the first one a lot. I loved the second one. I wanted it to be big enough to wrap up in. Three months later, I'm finally cutting squares of every drab fabric I used in the first two, and every drab fabric I can find in my stash that I left out of the first two.



One of my fears with these controlled scrap quilts is that I'll find the absolute perfect fabric lurking in my stash right after I've finished the quilt. The original goal of this quilt was to use up some ugly fabrics that play nicely together, but that's not going to happen. It turns out that I've got a whole lot of fabrics that match this color scheme and I'm not using more than one, maybe two, WOF strips of each print.

To see more design walls, click over to Patchwork Times. And today is the last day to enter my 1000th post giveaway. You could win a whole stack of the quilting and knitting books that make my heart go pitty-pat.

3 comments:

marcella said...

Love the first two! Glad you get to make a third one just for you. Have fun with it!

Denise :) said...

I know it's not really funny, but your fear over finding the perfect scrap *after* finishing made me laugh! Enjoy playing with this one!! :)

Unknown said...

I love these kind of quilts, can't wait to see how it finishes up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails