Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A New Spin on Curved Piecing



Quilts with curved piecing just scream at me to make them, so when I saw A New Spin on Curved Piecing by Joyce Lawrence Cambron at the library, I had to bring it home. There are some gorgeous patterns in this book!





The patterns don't use the type of curved piecing that I know how to do. Instead, the author has developed a technique using freezer paper and glue. I haven't tried it myself yet, but some of these projects are so gorgeous I might have to. Those round centers on the projects pictured above -- they're pieced into the backgrounds. I can't tell you how much I love that!

There are seven projects in the book, including a pretty scalloped placemat that serves as a practice lesson. It's the kind of book I'd buy just so I could learn the technique, thinking of the purchase price as kind of a class fee.

4 comments:

beaquilter said...

uhhh you are brave, I don't think I've done curves other than drunkards path..... or if it's paper pieced, but even then

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - LOVE that bag! I'm off to try to find a copy of that book! It's really different and fresh, and I've been looking for something new. Thanks! =^..^=

Needled Mom said...

It looks like there are some great patterns in there too.

Jo said...

It won't say never..but not for a long time before I try curves like that!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails