Friday, October 28, 2011

getting it done before we go trick or treating



I set the second drab top aside while I worked on baby quilts. Once something in my sewing corner gets set aside to work on something else, it can take me a while to find my way back to it, but Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts is giving me some motivation. So I could get this one photographed this morning, I hand stitched the binding late last night while the kids were at a Halloween party and I was off in a corner with the other moms.

My first drab quilt started as a way to use up some scraps that wouldn't work well in the baby quilts. Then I pulled in some favorite scraps from my darks bin and really started to fall in love with the combinations. And now I want a big version of this quilt for myself!

I'm linking it to the Abundant Thanks linky party over at I gotta Create. I'm very thankful for my abundance of scraps and warm quilts to snuggle under!

I've entered Carving Pumpkins in the Halloween quilt contest over at Quilting Gallery. Voting is open through 11:59pm Sunday night and there are some fantastic Halloween quilts over there to drool over!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

I don't think that is "drab" at all. It looks warm, and cosy and perfect for snuggling under on a cold winters night in front of the TV or with a good book.

Denise :) said...

LOL! You are all over the place today, aren't you?? I saw your quilt over on Quilting Gallery -- too cute!! :)

Heather said...

I agree with Cathy, not drab at all! It's gorgeous! And looks very cozy, too. ;o)

Leslie said...

this is beautiful...it looks so warm and cozy. perfect to snuggle up under

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I like it. And Finishing Up
Friday is a great motivator isn't it. I finished one this week too.

Christine L said...

Thanks for sharing your quilt! I love it. I don't think it is drab at all. Finish it Up Friday is definitely a motivator.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

This looks so warm and inviting! I love the thought of doing something beautiful with the abundance of scraps. Thanks so much for linking it up to my party!

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the quilt, not every one needs to loaded with color to be beautiful, nice job! Laura Cottage and Broome

Susana Neiger said...

The dark colors give this quilt such a rich look. Beautiful finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails