Tuesday, September 13, 2011

maybe I need a different word

I started referring to these as the "drab quilts" because the fabrics I had pulled out for them looked so drab compared to the rest of the scraps I was using in my baby quilts. But Jo and Melanie are right -- together, they're not drab, they're rich.



These aren't all fabrics I was bugged by. I've added some prints from my "good" stash to stretch them further and make sure the quilts aren't all the same shade of brownish grey.

I've decided to put these aside for a while to focus on some projects for 100 Quilts for Kids, but I'd love to cut up a bunch more squares and make a larger version of the top I finished over the weekend.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I really love these colors, Michelle! I think the quilt looks awesome. It's great you're going to be working on the 100 Quilts for Kids project too. So worthwhile! :)

Jan said...

I really like this quilt. It seems to be a new way of setting four patchs, and it turned out great!

Eileen said...

I love that "drab" quilt. I have made what I call using my "uglies" that make the most beautiful quilts and end up being my favorite!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails