The blocks I posted last Monday are now a finished top. (Just to be clear, I make little quilts -- this batch is wheelchair quilts for the nursing home.) Now I'm using the same fabrics to play with a postage stamp quilt.
I still need to dig out some more fabric (because I know I've got more good drab stuff upstairs) and cut some more squares. And then cut more from the fabric I'm already using, because I think I've got a few more ideas for drab little quilts.
But it's going to have to wait a bit because I started the morning by slamming my own thumb in the bedroom door and my hand is still throbbing.
I don't have time to sit here with ice on my hand -- I've got cutting to do! In addition to the drab squares, I need green strips for Quinn's quilt. When I posted about my green fabric a couple of weeks ago, Jan left a comment and asked if I could use some green fabric she had just culled from her stash.
Saturday, there was a whole box of green fabric waiting for me at the post office. I am so thrilled with these -- so many of them are totally different from the green fabrics I already had, and they're going to be so much fun together.
Thank you Jan!