Tuesday, March 19, 2019

{Estate Sale Temptations} Lots of Stitched Pieces, But No Supplies

This is going to be a picture heavy post, but it was a  fun sale -- mostly because I didn't need anything!

The steamer trunk was forty bucks and in great shape...but I have one at home. And mine has the hangars and little suitcase missing from the left hand side of this one. 


I also have a wringer washer that works...


And an old vintage sled in my attic....


Remember those antique school desks I was drooling over at the thrift shop a few weeks ago? This one was a tenth the price...for obvious reasons. As I type this, I'm telling myself that I absolutely will not go back on Saturday when things are half price to see if it's still tucked in the corner of the attic.


Ever seen elegant door knob covers? To make it even weirder, they were squishy foam. Did being squishy make them more elegant than just the gold swirls would have?


There was some absolutely gorgeous needlework hanging on the walls. I couldn't get a picture of the Paula Vaughn piece because the room was too crowded, but these give you an idea...
You'd think that I'd find some craft supplies, but nope. There was one old crewel kit (which is mine now) and a Whitman's Sampler Box with a couple of skeins of floss and some blurry hot iron transfer pieces inside. Which makes me suspect that these were gifts. Or there was stitching stuff and someone else beat me to it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails