Thursday, September 15, 2016

Not the Baby Quilts I had Planned for This Post

I was hoping to have two new baby quilts finished this week. The tops were done, the batting was chosen, I had time set aside... And then I wound up in Urgent Care covered in red welts. Twice. Whatever shot they gave me on my second visit worked wonders and I can move my hands again. (Look -- typing!)

So instead of pretty blue baby quilts you get to see the mittens that I finished last week. I was going to wait until I had a few more pairs done to post pictures, but this will work.


They're destined for the annual mitten tree at the public library.  The yarn I used for the center pair is left from a pair of fingerless mitts I knit for myself back in 2008. The other two pairs are from a skein of Red Heart Strata that I bought at an estate sale for fifty cents in (maybe) 2009.

It feels good to use up really old yarn, doesn't it?

This post is linked to Crazy Mom Quilts

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Your mittens remind me of my mother and her mitten trees. Did you ever find out what was causing the welts?

straythreads said...

such fun colors for the mittens, rely will make some child smile and warm
have a great weekend

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That is a nice collection for a mitten tree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails