Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Fort Rock Homestead Museum {Part 2}

Here are more of the quilts and embroidery from our trip to the Fort Rock Homestead Museum...


This one is my absolute favorite quilt of the day, because age has made it so subtle. Doesn't it look like it's just one color of fabric?


But nope, those are faded feed sacks in those Dresden plates. I love the low volume effect that time has given this one.


And here's a reminder that our great grandmas were doing fun little things many years before Pinterest. I'll just bet my Grandma Walters would have done something like this in her sod house.


This quilt looked like it was pieced from worn out clothing.


I love that this museum shows how people would have used their quilts by displaying quilts that people did use. All of these are worn and torn and threadbare and I think this is the best possible place for them to be if they're not with their original families.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that's a wonderful use for old quilts. A lot would have looked like that anyway! Nothing was thrown away. You seem to be able to get nicely close to these artifacts. Must be a great museum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails