Monday, August 21, 2017

Knitting Socks While Waiting for the Eclipse...

I thought I'd be knitting away on this pair the whole time I was counting down to the eclipse. Instead, I finished them seven days after casting on. That's not a problem -- I immediately cast on another pair of "eclipsey" socks to keep me busy. 

Pattern: Lazy Lace Socks (modified) 
Yarn: Knitpicks Hawthorne, Burnside

It was  the perfect combination of great yarn, a great pattern, and plenty of time to sit and knit. That lace panel that runs up the side of each sock was just fiddly enough to make me happy. The pattern is easy to memorize and easier to read just by looking at the row. So I could put down the socks at any point, even in the middle of a round, without struggling to figure out where I'd left off.


I'll absolutely be knitting this pattern again, and looking for more stockinette socks with a pretty decorative bit running up the foot and leg.

3 comments:

Dar said...

They are beautiful. You have a better memory than I would. I have lost the ability to concentrate for more than a few minutes when I'm knitting anything if I am watching a good movie or talking with friends. I guess I would have a hard time patting my head and rubbing my tummy at the same time! lol

beatrice De said...

I don't if I would reminder how to make the hill of the socs

beatrice De said...

Sophisticated pattern, with * trou.trou* in to it. Compliments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails