Wednesday, April 10, 2013

{Yarn Along} six inches of sock cuff

The first of my pooling sock yarn challenge socks is finished. That's the first sock, not the first pair. Now I've got to do it all over again and hope the yarn pools the same way!  I've got another sock almost done, but that's in the yarn that didn't pool.
 
Six inches is far longer than I ever knit cuffs on my socks, but I wanted to play and those are the rules. (It also takes a lot longer to knit six inches when you've switched tools and are actually measuring it with a 6 1/2" quilting square.)
 

I love the yarn, love the sock, and can't stand the needles I'm using. They're too flimsy, too long (am I the only one who stabs myself in the wrist when I'm working with long dpns?), and as soon as I'm done with this project, I'm retiring them.

From now on, I'm sticking with 6" double points for my socks.
 
 
 
The book is Deadly Row to Hoe, the latest Home Crafting Mystery by Cricket McRae. I've really enjoyed this series and hope there's another one coming soon. I'd like to read more about Sophie Mae and her extended family.  

For more fun knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.



1 comment:

Crispy said...

Pretty sock though it does look different with the long cuff. I used dpns on my first pair of socks, promptly broke one on the train ride home and decided I would try magic loop and have never picked up a dpn again :0).

Crispy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails