Wednesday, April 17, 2013

{yarn along} New England Foliage

Another yarn that doesn't pool... I even ripped back three or four inches of the foot and added a bit of  ribbing in hopes that it might get some pooling going. No such luck.
 

All after I avoided casting on with this yarn for so long because I was so worried that it would pool! But the stripes do look nice. And I managed most of a sock in three days, even after ripping back, so I won't whine too much.
 

The book is Liver Let Die, a Clueless Cook Mystery. I'm only a third of the way in and I'm thinking the heroine might be just a touch too clueless... (Doesn't everyone know what foie gras is? Or at least not to order unidentified foods in fancy restaurants?)  But it's a fun read, and I'm anxious to see if things are headed where I think they're going. 

For more pretty knitting projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your socks, very neat stripes!
Your book sounds interesting also, would you say it may be Book-Club reading material or possibly not?
x

Babajeza said...

the stripes are nice, indeed. :-) I love your socks!

mkonieczki said...

Oooo. A non-pooling sock yarn. Sign me up! I wish there was a good way to tell whether a yarn was going to pool or not while it's in the hank. I'm terrible at determining that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

Your sock is lovely!

Crispy said...

Love the socks, but sorry they didn't pool. I read someplace by changing needle size helps....but I'm no expert LOL.

Crispy

Mary said...

Not what you hoped for but you will have a very pretty sock when finished.

Judy S. said...

Very pretty, even though no pooling. I love the way the heel looks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails