Sunday, April 14, 2013

{What's Cooking?} Lime Cookies

Every week since the beginning of the year, Judy at Patchwork Times has challenged us to cook with a different ingredient.  I skipped carrots because I missed the beginning of the challenge, and pinto beans because I was feeling lazy. Other than that, I've been trying to keep up.
 
This week's ingredient was lime. I talked hubby into grabbing me a lime while he was at the grocery store and found a recipe online for lime cookies.  They're my worst cooking fail so far this  challenge,  which is why I'm not posting the link.
 
 
The boys did eat them. But they'll pretty much eat anything with enough sugar in it.
 
Next week's challenge is eggplant. I may chicken out again.




6 comments:

Lori said...

Don't give up. There are some delicious eggplant lasagna and eggplant casserole recipes!

Bill Volckening said...

What a fun idea. I must follow that blog. Eggplant is fun, but I suggest reading a little about it first to avoid common pitfalls. The idea of trying a new ingredient each week is a great way to learn about what produce is available each season, and you may discover new things you like. That's how I discovered beets. By the way, try pickling carrots if you want to catch up on that challenge. I blogged about it a few weeks ago. Today there's a pesto recipe.

janequiltsslowly said...

Look up baba ghanoush a dip made with baked eggplant, tahini, lemon juice, garlic ( roasted is best), s+p, and olive oil. You can make it in a food processor or blender or with a stuck blender. It is so,so delicious served on warm pita or any kind of chips or crackers. Try it!

Crispy said...

Well, the cookies do "look" good, Hooray for Boys in the house LOL.

I'd skip the eggplant too, I can't even stand the feel of them, let alone want to cook one :0)

Crispy

Mary K said...

Eggplant parmesan. Yum!

Mary K said...

Eggplant parmesan. Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails