Tuesday, April 02, 2013

{whatcha reading?} some kinda dark stuff



Accomplice by Eireann Corrigan jumped off the shelf at me when I was checking the used bookstore for old Nancy Drew books. That cover is just neat. And what's inside isn't bad either.  Here's the Amazon description:

Their plan: A fake abduction
The results: Unpredictable

Finn and Chloe’s advisor says that colleges have enough kids with good grades and perfect attendance, so Chloe decides they’ll have to attract attention another way. She and Finn will stage Chloe's disappearance, and then, when CNN is on their doorstep and the nation is riveted, Finn will find and save her. It seems like the perfect plan--until things start to go wrong. Very wrong.

It was supposed to be a victimless crime. Finn was supposed to be the good accomplice,and Chloe was supposed to be the hidden object of attention. But when things intensify, their plan isn't so innocent anymore.


The things that went wrong aren't as bad as the cover led me to expect. Or maybe they're worse -- I really can't decide. The book's ending was kind of unsettling. 



Still Missing by Chevy Stevens is a lot darker. Jo wrote about it a couple of weeks ago and I think I picked it up from the library the next day. Read the first chapter while Teenage Daughter was in karate and then lost the book as soon as we got home... I don't know if I was more bugged by not knowing what happened next or  the thought that I might wind up paying for the book and still not know what happened yet.  When it finally turned up, I couldn't stop reading. Between trying to find out what happens next in the books and knitting to see if the sock yarn will pool, it's a wonder I get anything else done around here!

To see what everyone else is reading, check out What are you reading? over at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I read Still Missing and couldn't put it down... now I have her next book Never Knowing from the library ready to dive into when I have a night to burn.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm of two minds, read or don't read? I think it has to go on the "I'm interested" list I keep online at the local library.

Quilting Nonnie said...

These two sound interesting. I love a page-turner!

Crispy said...

Oooo I do love a good mystery book. It seems I don't have much time to read since I got addicted to knitting :0)

Crispy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails