Sunday, April 28, 2013

socks-in-progress


Here's the weekly pile of socks. There are four pairs now, one finished and three more in progress but they're all getting farther along each week. This system is working well for me -- I've got a pair in my purse, one next to the computer, and another by the couch. Depending on what else is going on in the room at the time, I can pick up the best pair of socks.

A stockinette foot takes less concentration than ribbing, and both of those take less attention than turning a heel or starting a toe. And the stretchy cotton sock yarn on 7" size 0 bamboo needles? Those are done and the needles have been retired. Maybe I'll use them for a doily someday, but I'm not doing more socks with them.

I've got bits of this week's baby quilt spread out around my sewing machine and socks in my purse. Life is good! :-)



Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 2 1/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 35 1/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 87 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2012: 52 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 400 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 750 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 7100 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6350 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Wow you have been busy, I love the socks, my piggy's want a pair! I do believe you were right to retire those 00 needles lol. Can't wait to see the baby quilt finished.

Kate said...

Love the orange and yellow socks, those will definitely make someone smile!

Quiltsmiles said...

Sock envy here......love the looks, but can't find any extra time to try another new to me craft.
Great numbers and it will be nice to see how soft and sweet your newest baby quilt will be. Jane

Needled Mom said...

I love the bright colors. Nice work.

Crispy said...

The socks are lookin' great :0)

Crispy

Dar said...

Your bright orange socks look like they would keep your feet nice and warm for sure! Just the color would warm them up. You go girl.

Andee said...

Loving the socks..I have a few in progress too...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails