Monday, April 08, 2013

Rose Dream update

It's unusual for me to completely forget about a project. I might leave one off if I'm rattling off a list from memory, but I rarely manage to completely blank one out.

This one slipped through the cracks. And now that I've pulled it out to take pictures for Judy's upcoming UFO parade, I've suddenly fallen in love with it all over again.

 
Don't you love how having a blog makes it possible to look back and  figure out exactly when you started a project? (Not to mention, sometimes, what the name of the pattern was and other helpful details like that...)

This started out in May, 2009 as my first adventure with curved piecing, after somehow managing to teach my best friend how to do it over the telephone.  Don't ask me how we pulled that one off!  I'd just bought a wonderful box of scraps at a garage sale we went to because the ad said they had homeschooling books, and I was optimistic about managing 255 blocks each from a different print.
.
 
I'm using templates traced from the magazine. Sizzix has a die now, Rose Dream, that will cut the pieces for this block, and if I had the machine to run the die through (it's too wide for my Big Shot) I'd order it in a heartbeat and start the quilt over. Tracing and cutting this many curves by hand definitely justifies the price of a die!  Especially one that cuts this block and also Drunkard's Path.

 
I'm so glad I pulled this one back out! Now I need to free up some time to actually work on it.
 
This post is linked to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Crispy said...

Cool looking scrappy quilts. What size are the finished blocks?

Crispy

Dresden Quilter said...

It is looking great!

Jan said...

I have a partial of this pattern, too. Mine is in two fabrics, a pink print and cream solid. The blocks were all hand pieced, and they just have to be sewn together into a top. Mine is utterly boring, though! Your's is fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails