Otherwise I'm not sure how long it would've taken me to notice the HUGE mistake in the layout of the new baby quilt! I still can't figure out how I laid it out, took pictures of the center, then pinned those pieced borders into place without noticing that anything was wrong.
Once I found the problem, I got to figure out how to move one block to the opposite end of its row (that snowball block in the lower left corner needs to be in the top left corner and everything else will fall back into place) while ripping out as few seams as possible.
Here's how I wound up doing it --
One long seam ripped, one block off the end of the row, and the border at each end of the row removed. Not that bad, considering how scary the mistake looked when I first saw it!
And this is how the quilt top was supposed to look in the first place --
To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.