Friday, February 03, 2012

Finish it up Friday -- Scrappy Baby Swoon

Last week, I loved my fabrics and layout but wound up holding a grudge against the quilt itself.

This week, I'm not loving the fabrics. I should have used more colors. Or used fewer colors and made it a much more controlled scrappy.



It's the Swoon block, of course, made with 4" finished half square triangles, which finishes at 32" square. Perfect for a one block baby quilt. I'm going to try a scrappier version as soon as I get some fabric cut.

Love making itty bitty baby quilts as much as I do? KaHolly is collecting baby quilts (24" square and up) for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Brooke Army Medical Center. I definitely plan on sending her a batch -- the quilts my boys received were one of the few bright spots in our NICU days, when I spent more time waiting in another part of the hospital or pumping breast milk than I did with my babies.

This post is linked to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts and Can I get a Whoop-Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. And don't forget to enter my 1000th post giveaway. You could win some of the quilting and knitting books that make my heart go pitty-pat.

9 comments:

Denise :) said...

What a fun piece! I like it -- not too much, nor too little, color. As Goldilocks would say, "Just right!" :)

heather said...

I like it. I haven't been a big fan of the swoon blocks that I've seen but I like this one.

Brenna said...

I just started my first swoon block last night. It's definitely not going to be this colorful, though! Love your version.

Linda said...

I think your block is great!

Michelle said...

I think it is just your frustration coloring your perception of the quilt. It looks terrific! Very happy.

Sarah Craig said...

What a beautiful block! It will make a great baby quilt!! Whoop whoop!!

Pattilou said...

I love that block. My LQS has the pattern. It does make a great baby quilt. Yours turned out very well.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Whoop Whoop!

KaHolly said...

Oh, how funny. I just told my daughter this evening that I was going to make this block to try it out, then turn it into a baby blanket to donate to the NICU! I love it all scrappy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails