Wednesday, February 29, 2012

checking in with my NewFO and my quilt along square

When Jo posted the patterns for the Quilt Square Quilt Along, I only ordered the first one. If I didn't keep up, I wasn't going to let myself buy the rest. I tend to start these quilt alongs with good intentions, and then I fall behind, and then I move on to something else entirely...

It was a good strategy. I only got this month's block done in time because I really want the rest of the patterns for the year.



I had to take a second picture with something in it beside the quilt just to show you how TINY those triangles are! And there are so many of them.... I wound up scavenging pieces that I'd already cut for two other projects, then cutting them down to size. There are some bits of my drab postage stamp pieces in here, and some bits of my spiral log cabin. But that's okay -- I had extra for the postage stamps and needed to cut more log cabin strips anyway.

Head over to Jo's Country Junction to see everyone else's finished blocks. I can't believe she did this one twice!

My NewFO for February is the drab postage stamp quilt. You can read how I got started on this one in this post.



After making the two drab lap quilts, I wanted a big one for me to snuggle up under. This project is perfect for mindless piecing. And for using up fabric that didn't play nicely with the rest of my stash.

Now that I've got the pieces cut for my March NewFO, I want to work on them both. And I've got a whole list of projects I want to get done in March. There might not be enough days in the months for it all!

Check out the NewFO linky party today at Cat Patches.

9 comments:

Johanna said...

Love your block! Those were tiny pieces to work with. I felt like I should have been sewing on a mini sewing machine.

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely block i really like it
Hugs Janice

Denise :) said...

Michelle, this block is gorgeous! Wouldn't it make a fun doll's quilt?! I may have to try my hand at this one! :)

Jo said...

I love your block!!
I'd love to start a NFO but I just can't....

Quiltsmiles said...

Those are small HST and your block looks great. Well done! JAne

Quilter Kathy said...

I really like the scrappiness of your block!

Libby said...

I love your quilt square! Those browns are great!

Lynn said...

The browns are great. I didn't like how tiny those triangles were, but it is nice to use up leftovers from other things we are working on. Thanks for sharing.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I really like your Quilt Along block and postage stamp quilts always look beautiful when done! Have fun getting the next pattern!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails