Wednesday, September 11, 2019

September Sock Knitting?

I couldn't tell you why, but the blue lace socks are not going well. I pick them up and work on them every time we sit down to watch TV as a family, which is just about every night. Somehow I've fallen into that special type of knitting black hole that I've heard other knitters talk about, the one where it doesn't matter how many stitches you put in or how many hours you spend, you don't get any farther along.


It's not the yarn. It's not the needles. It's not the pattern....although at this point I'm thoroughly sick of all three.

I don't think casting on a new project is the answer, not when I've got thee pairs of socks that are stalled. One for no reason and the others because they're kind of a little bit hard and I don't feel like knitting something hard right now.

So I'm challenging myself to finish one of these pairs by the end of the month. Smock Madness looks the most likely, because wraps are a little less daunting than circular cables.

How's your knitting going? Better than mine, I hope!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails