Wednesday, September 25, 2019

{Estate Sale Temptations} This Time There Was a Stitcher!

Last week I wrote about the sometimes impossible parking at estate sales. I'm not exaggerating about conditions in my neck of the woods. Not even a little bit.

On Saturday, I saw this ad --

Gate won't open until 10:30 each day. About 20 Cars will fit on property, staff will help you park during busy times. If you park on road do so very carefully. We will have signs alerting of the estate sale ahead and that cars may be on the side of the road. It is steep so be careful. There is a lovely little store at the Junction of ----- that you can wait at until gate opens. Address will be posted here, online and on craigslist day of sale but just follow the signs from the junction of ------------. It will be well marked.

I can't think of anything tempting enough to make me deal with that, even if we took the truck and I wasn't driving by myself.

We did find another estate sale at an old farm and it was close enough to our regular route that I took my chances on the parking, which wasn't an issue at all.

They had all the oil lamps...


And vintage baby clothes still in the original boxes...


And two framed birthday poems. I wonder what will happen to those.



There had also been a stitcher in the house, which is what drew me there in the first place. I found lots of nicely embroidered linens in the bedroom and all of this in an attic room upstairs.


Want to see what came home with me? Click on the video below...


This post is linked to Vintage Charm.

2 comments:

Bits of Stitching! said...


Nice estate sale finds, thanks for letting us have a peek! Lovely vintage flour sack towels and vintage embroidery patterns, have fun stitching! PS: That vintage birdie transfer... super cute, very unique!

My thrift store addiction said...

I love estate sales! Thanks for sharing your finds at Vintage Charm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails