Thursday, September 19, 2019

{Estate Sale Temptations} Was There a Stitcher Here?

I'm going to have to start using Google Street View to scope out estate sales before making the drive. This was another one  that I couldn't have gotten into with the minivan. Earlier that day, we stopped at another sale and Hubby had trouble getting the pickup into even with four wheel drive engaged. It was a steep dusty driveway and we weren't the only ones challenged by it. 

This was a huge estate sale with outbuildings an an entire house. You can't tell from the picture, but that staircase was a deathtrap. 


The set of longstitch pictures gave me hope that there might be needlework stuff somewhere in the house.

I found another one in an upstairs bedroom. I do try for decent camera angles, but to get this one I would've had to climb onto the bed.


There was a sewing machine, but that was it. I wonder if these were gifts or if whoever stitched them quit the hobby a long time ago. Now and then I'll find a house with a lot of fantastic stitchery but no sign of floss or supplies.


They had my favorite Trixie Belden book in the same format I had as a little girl. Mine is around here somewhere so I didn't buy it.


I hope Dolly found a good home, but at that price I kind of doubt it.


Here's another table like the one I grew up with. I never see sets like this anymore. Whoever lived here kept their furniture for decades.


Do you have trouble with estate sale parking, or is it just me?


1 comment:

moosecraft said...

I guess it all depends on what area you live? We've got a lot of flat land and paved roads here in central NJ...and most of the estate sales have lots o' junk... I don't even bother with yard sales or thrift stores around here any more as it seems it's all clothes and plastic toys/furniture for children. My favorite "expedition" was the Rt. 127 Yard Sale....miles upon miles of stuff!!! What a variety too....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails