Thursday, October 18, 2018

{Thrift Shop Temptations} Not Saving the Stitches

I've never seen unframed needlework at this store, but last week there were three pieces hanging with the linens. Now that I know where to look, I'll check back.

The stitching on this unpriced piece was meticulous.


I loved the colors of this one and thought about picking it up to incorporate into a tote bag or something useful, but the stitching just didn't look right.


 These three were just perfect, except for the cutesy captions. I love the roots and the shading on the leaves of the carrots. But I'm stubborn and would rather stitch my own carrots than buy someone else's.


I didn't save the stitches this time, but I hope someone else came along and gave them a good home. Based on the color of the tags and the stitching on the geese and the veggies, I'm guessing these came from the same stitcher. And I did check carefully for supplies, but there were none to be found.

1 comment:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I've picked up two framed counted cross stitch pieces lately, one for $5 and one for $2.50. They are both hanging up in my house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails