Saturday, October 06, 2018

Build-a-Bowl: 77 Satisfying & Nutritious Combos: Whole Grain + Vegetable + Protein + Sauce = Meal




I was really intrigued by the concept behind Build-a-Bowl: 77 Satisfying & Nutritious Combos: Whole Grain + Vegetable + Protein + Sauce = Meal by Nicki Sizemore. I'm always looking for new dinner ideas and some of the recipes here sound really good.

The photography is gorgeous and each recipe comes with an introduction that makes it sound good even if I'm not fond of all of the ingredients. The cooking instructions are detailed and would be easy to follow.  The book also includes extensive information about cooking the different grains recommended and that's where this system might not appeal to my family. I've tried feeding them quinoa already. They weren't fans and I don't see them embracing many of the other options included here.

I think we'll try the vegetables and proteins and sauces over pasta or rice.

Disclosure -- The publisher provided me with an ARC. 

1 comment:

Phyllis in Iowa said...

Love your blog and thrifting posts!
Try cooking quinoa in chicken broth/stock. I prefer the red or black quinoa to the white variety. I occasionally mix the grains after cooking as they store well in the fridge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails