Thursday, April 12, 2018

{Thrift Shop Temptations} I Hope Someone Does Something With This Quilt Top

As an unfinished quilt top, it's not much. But those big squares of fabric have potential... 


My best guess is that the more interesting prints were cut from Bicentennial tea towels and the rest might be a polyester/cotton blend. In the middle, one square says Rocky Mountain Feed Company. I'd love to take these squares apart and put them back together into something else. But not for thirty bucks.

There were a few needlework kits buried in with the scrapbooking supplies, but after my recent splurges I decided it was best to pass on the apples and cats.


It's hard to get a picture of something far above my head, but I think I captured what you needed to see.


Four four bucks, I really was tempted to buy her for the living room wall, just to see how my family would react. I could have always reused the frame for some cross-stitch later. And now I'm wishing I'd bought her...

There are no words to describe this end table...


Just....why? And where would you put it? And what would the other furniture in the room look like? I could maybe understand a water baby swimming with the dolphins if I tried hard enough, but that's a cupid with wings. Do enough people want tables like this to justify mass producing them?

2 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

That quilt top is a hot mess. Apparently made by a beginner. Not worth $30 - ok maybe (a big maybe) the material but you would have to rip it apart and patchwork piece it all over again.

Judy S. said...

Nice work on standing firm and coming home empty-handed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails