Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I Changed My Socks

Not long after I wrote last week's post, I completely unraveled the sock I was working on and pulled out a new skein of yarn. It still surprises me that after years of clinging to ever finished stitch I can give up half a sock's worth of knitting so easily, but that yarn has the tiniest bit of a story and I'd rather it turns into a pair of socks I don't hate. 


This is Paton's Kroy Route 66 and it's doing exactly what it's supposed to and keeping me happy as the different stripes appear. If I'd glanced at the ball band, I might've saved this for a future vacation and knit my Route 66 socks while we were actually driving on that stretch of highway, but I'm not silly enough to give up another half sock just so the name matches the trip.

I haven't started the book yet, but I'm hoping it'll get me out of my reading rut. There's not a single review on the Amazon page, but it turned up in one of the ebook newsletters I receive and the premise was interesting so I sent the preview to my phone. If I like it, I'll buy the rest.

I did enjoy this next book, but that was weeks ago. The way review copies work is that I get to read them ahead of time, then can't post about them until the publication date. Which is why it sometimes looks like I read half a dozen books a week....and sometimes I actually do read that much.



Escape Claws by Linda Reilly

How could I not pick up a cat lady mystery?  After sixteen years, Lara Caphart has returned to visit her aunt Fran and is alarmed by what she finds. The older woman is struggling to care for herself and her eleven cats...and after a builder who was trying to pressure Fran into selling her property is found dead, she's also a murder suspect. I really enjoyed this one. The author handles the relationship between Lara and Fran delicately and  I can't wait to see how things develop in the next book in the series.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review copy of Escape Claws by the publisher. All opinions are my own.  

2 comments:

Dar said...

I couldn't make myself rip back a half sock unless it was obvious the size was very off. lol
I have a question about the books you read. Are any of them in audiobook format?

colleen said...

Ok now we all want to know the rest of that story

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails