Sunday, November 03, 2013

a Halloween treat for Mommy!

I am officially tired of trick-or-treating. This was my fourteenth year of it and there's no end in sight. I'm guessing I'll be wandering dark neighborhoods with my kids for three more years at the very least. By next year, though, I'll have forgotten my aching feet and how much fun it was to realize that we were lost on the wrong street after all of the porch lights went out, and we'll be ready to do it again!

Before we set out for the night, I stopped at the local yarn store for their Trick or Treat sale. It was one of those pick-a-discount after they've rung up your purchase deals, and I doubted that I'd get more than 10% off.

I'd been eyeballing this skein of yarn, especially since I saw Jurga's Old Witch Socks on Ravelry. You can't see them if you're not a member -- they're textured socks in a similar colorway and I love, love, love them. I don't know if I'll buy that exact pattern, since I've got books and books of sock patterns already, but I do want something with that kind of texture. (Now watch me use it for a shawl or something completely unrelated!)

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 63 3/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 247 1/2 yards
Net Added for 2013: 183 3/4 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2950 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 400 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 11000 yards
Net Added for 2013: 8050 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Finding Fifth.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I hope you got more than a 10% discount! I know what it's like to debate how much to get when you don't know what your final cost will be. I'd rather know a set discount going in. :-)

Diane said...

I have only been knitting since April so this is my first Halloween to miss all the great sales at the LYS near me. I didn't check my email and missed three! I am sad a little, but then like you I might have only gotten 10% which to me isn't really a sale, it just covers the tax. Oh well I will be prepared for next year. :)

Kate said...

DT went with friends, so we didn't have to go with her. Hope you get to make your socks, it sounds like a fun idea.

Jessica Hadden said...

Great Treat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails