Saturday, March 18, 2017

{I've Been Reading} What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

First, my husband and I watched the movie, then we started watching Feud: Bette and Joan and I realized that there was a book... 

Just look at what showed up on the reserve shelf at the library!  

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? movie tie-in edition

When is the lat time you saw a book with a fifty cent cover price? I'm absolutely tickled that this book is still in the library collection after so many years and that the date due stamps in the back show it's been checked out pretty regularly over that time.  The binding is starting to show its age, so I don't think I've ever been quite so careful turning pages. I don't want to be the one responsible for this book's demise.

As for the story itself, I enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed the movie. Some plots elements that I questioned are easier to understand now that I've had a better glimpse into the minds of Jane and Blanche. The horror builds up more slowly and intensely.

I'd love to get my hands on this author's other books, but the library doesn't have them and I'm guessing my chance of finding them at the local thrift shop is pretty slim.

3 comments:

drmr567 said...

I've loved this movie for years and have watched it many, many times. The first episode of Bette and Joan was so good. Now I must go on the hunt for the book! You scored a really awesome find!

Anonymous said...

There other books by him available on Amazon. They are definitely a little pricey, though!

Amanda Best said...

I didn't know it was a book! I will have to look for a copy, thanks! Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, are some of my very favorites!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails