Tuesday, March 05, 2013

{Whatcha Reading?} Bowled Over by Victoria Hamilton

Since I got hooked on cozy mysteries a while back, the series I read have mostly fallen into two categories -- the series where I might or might not read the next book when it comes out and the series where I start waiting anxiously for the next book the second I finish the last page of the one I'm reading. 
 
The Vintage Kitchen Mysteries by Victoria Hamilton are definitely on my "must read" list. I've been waiting for Bowled Oversince I finished A Deadly Grind, the first book in the series.
 

Jaymie Leighton collects vintage kitchenware and cookbooks. When she makes potato salad for the Fourth of July picnic, it's made from an old recipe and served from a depression glass bowl.

Everyone in town knows that Jaymie and Kathy Cooper have been enemies since high school, and quite a few people heard Jaymie warn Kathy that she'd be sorry if she didn't stop being so mean... So when Kathy is found dead at the picnic and the bowl from Jaymie's potato salad is the obvious murder weapon, Jaymie is anxious to clear her name and finally discover what it was that brought what was once a deep friendship to such an abrupt end and why Kathy was still so bitter after so many years.

There are so many tangled relationships among Jaymie's friends and neighbors that this one will keep you guessing until the very end, not just who the killer is, but what secrets everyone else in her life is hiding.

And now I want to know when the third book in the series is coming out... I'll definitely be watching Victoria Hamilton's blog  to find out.

This post is linked to Whatcha Reading? at Patchwork Times. My copy of the book was provided by the publisher, but I would've bought it anyway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails