Monday, March 11, 2013

my mysterious nail art


When I was trying to come up with a post for each day of the blog hop, Teenage Daughter offered to design me some Nancy Drew nail art. That girl is always up for a challenge -- she's done Green Eggs and Ham nails, along with Rudolph and his friends, the sailor boy from the box of pilot bread, and the Ferocious Beast.   
 
So I've got fingers painted in different shades of blue because the colors of the books in my collection vary and the design from the old book spines on my fingers...
 

And Nancy and her flashlight on my thumb.
 


I can't believe she does this all freehand, and usually on her own nails. If you want to see more of her work, or the details of the polishes she used, you can read all about it on her blog.

Have you checked out today's blog hop posts yet?

Dancing thru-threads, Traveling Quilter, Jane’s Quilting, More Stars in Comanche, Moose Stash Quilting, Quilt Doodle Designs, Cate’s Linens, Sew Incredibly Crazy, Grandmama’s Stories,
Judy At That Other Blog

5 comments:

beaquilter said...

wow! what a talented girl!!

Denise :) said...

Wow! is right! I'm incredibly impressed with her ability -- there's no mistaking Nancy and her trusty flashlight, heading up the steps! Great job!!! :)

krislovesfabric said...

Oh, fun...love the flashlight staircase one!!

Jo said...

WOW..She is MARVELOUS!!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! She's very talented. I had a woman do things for me for ten years - matched every holiday, and quilt patterns, all kinds of things, and I miss her something fierce. You are so lucky to have your daughter right there to do it for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails