Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meet Peter

Between Quinn's Green Trip Around the World and the Drunkard's Path Turtles, I think I've pulled out most of the green fabric in my stash.  It's all in one place...and having a big stack of one color makes it really easy to start a coordinated scrap quilt.  While I was working on Priscilla, I started to wonder what it would look like without the white backgrounds around the pinwheels...

So this is Peter --



He's made up of 2 1/2" squares, sort of a postage stamp quilt with some pinwheels thrown in. Like Priscilla, he's assembled in twelve inch-blocks.  I thought he'd go together the same way Priscilla did, but there turned out to be a much easier way to do it.  I'll have the tutorial ready for you on Saturday.

This post is linked to to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?Link a Finish Friday, and Freedom Fridays.

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I really like this and it is such a great use of one color of scraps!

Kat said...

Peter is very handsome!

Elaine M said...

Wonderful green quilt. Peter is just in time for St Paddie's Day!

Maja said...

This is a very fine quilt!
Think I`ll better remember it!
Funny!!!

Unknown said...

What a perfect quilt for St. Patrick's Day! I love pinwheels and green, what a great quilt!!

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, I really like this! What a great way to perk up a postage stamp quilt!!! Whoop whoop!!

Anonymous said...

great pinwheels, looking forward to the tutorial for this one

Britt G. said...

I really like "Peter" a lot. Eliminating the white and replacing it with scraps and all in greens makes it look like a grassy field with little pinwheel flowers. This is my first time visiting your blog (through Finish it up Friday) and I can say I definitely like how you use color and scrapiness. I love your "romantic tangle" title as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails