Friday, February 22, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts {week 8}

How are your baby quilts coming? I didn't finish one this week, which has me reminding myself that my goal is fifty quilts for the year, not one every single week. Sooner or later, I'll free up some time for another of my baby quilt binges and I'll be ahead of schedule again.


I was sure I'd have this quilt done with plenty of time to spare. I cut the green squares and triangles last week when I was cutting pieces for the border of the turtle quilt.

That's one of my tricks for the controlled scrappy baby quilts -- I cut fabric for them when I'm cutting my own quilts. The turtle quilt has a limited number of greens and I'm being extra choosy about which ones make it in. This little quilt is more "anything goes as long as it's green!"

When I start the big girl version of Annabelle that Teenage Daughter wants, I'll also be cutting pieces for a rail fence baby quilt.  Then, when I've got time to sit down and do some piecing, I'll have projects ready to go.

Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

I don't want to overwhelm everyone with a huge list of rules, but I do want this linky party to stay on the topic of baby quilts. They can be for donation, or for your own baby, or just because you think they're cute and want them in your sewing room, but they've got to be baby quilts. Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt related posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button.




1 comment:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I like to make "kits" for Warm Wishes quilts - a fun focal and 3 matching fabrics make for a quick cutting session. Then I can chain piece several at a time too! My stack of tops to quilt is getting smaller...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails