Thursday, January 31, 2013

Meet Annabelle


I'm seriously loving this delicate little quilt. She was named by Teenage Daughter, who wants me to make her the big girl version. (That one is going to be considerably larger and won't include the prints with diaper pins.)

I started pulling together fabrics for this one after seen so many gorgeous low volume quilts out there. Somewhere in my sewing room is a bag of fabrics that I'd been pulling together for backgrounds, but  I pulled together these prints so quickly that  I didn't even bother hunting for those. I'll find them when I'm ready to start the big quilt.

This is the same quilting design as I used for Steve. I like it better worked over 4" squares than the 6" squares in the other quilt. It's closer to the dense quilting that I love so much.



This post is linked to to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?Link a Finish Friday, and Freedom Fridays.






11 comments:

Betty said...

A very nice quilt, readdy to be cuddled.

carla said...

Hi!!! Very pretty!!! Thank You

KatieQ said...

I love the soft colored look of this quilt.

Teresa Quilts said...

Love this little quilt. I have been thinking about doing one with 2.5" squares myself. New follower from Richard and Tanya quilts.

Susana Neiger said...

Beautiful! I've been impressed with all the low-volume beauties out there, too. Haven't made one yet; thanks for the inspiration!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a very sweet quilt :)

Heather said...

Oh, that is so soft and pretty. Wonderful fabrics!

Karen H said...

Very pretty quilt - I love it! :)

Sara said...

Beautiful girly top!

Sarah Craig said...

That's a beautiful little quilt, Michelle! Whoop whoop!!

Laura said...

Ha! I like your quilt's names :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails