Sunday, February 19, 2012

weekly stash report



I spent Saturday puttering in the sewing corner. My goal was to keep tidying things up. Instead, I wound up mostly finishing three baby quilts and hand sewed the bindings late last night while watching a documentary about midwives in Georgia in the early 50s.

It was the oddest feeling, working on NICU quilts while watching them put a premature baby into an incubator heated by hot water and caution the mother to leave it in there to keep it warm. It just boggles my mind, and makes me so sad, that they wouldn't have wrapped the baby up with its mother. I wonder when they realized that skin to skin contact was the wonderful thing it is.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 3.5 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 14.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 20 yards
Net Added for 2012: 5.5 yards

I did buy a grey sheet, but I'm not going to count it as stash until I decide whether it's going in a quilt or on a bed. And I finished the Irish Chain, which I'm not counting as fabric used because it's been pin basted since 2010 and the fabric wasn't actually sitting in my stash... that'd be another 6 3/4 yards, which totally cancels out the sheet whether I use it or not.

By this time last year, I'd already added 195 yards of fabric that I got dirt cheap on craigslist. I'd like to claim that I'm being good, but there just hasn't been anything out there to tempt me. To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

Congrats on finishing the three baby quilts. Now I am tempted to visit Craig's list and see if there is any fabric out there in my area.

Denise :) said...

Haha -- I was thinking the same thing Dee Dee said! Craig's List, here I come! I know what you mean about not being tempted ... it's easy to be good that way!! :)

Teresa in Music City said...

You're doing great on your stash! I would do a lot better if I could stay out of the quilt shops! I'm going to have to avoid Craig's list for sure! Of course, when they sell it for dirt cheap, I just have to buy it... just sayin'!!!

Kristen King said...

I never thought of Craig's list for fabric!! :) OH the possibilities!

Jennifer said...

My father was premature. This was in the 40s and the family story is that they put him in a shoe box and kept him by the stove to keep him warm.

I'm rather impressed that you keep track of your stash in yards. I just count the number of storage tubs. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails