Tuesday, February 21, 2012

something new -- hand piecing

I'm definitely trying something new this week -- hand piecing!



Ever since my best friend hand pieced the first quilt she made, I've been tempted to give it a try myself. Just to see whether I could do it or not. But there've been many other projects calling to me that I haven't sat down to actually do it.

This pattern, Do Not Put Your Elbows on the Table from Back to Charm School, is a mix of machine and hand piecing. The quilt in the book is gorgeous. It's not very big. And I had a charm pack in my stash...



I know I bought a charm pack once, for a Moda Bake Shop pattern that I never got around to starting, and I really hope this one that just appeared on my ironing board wasn't it. No way would these prints have worked for that pattern. I'm not completely convinced that they work for this pattern.

I'm trying to declare this one a learning experience and not worry too much about how it turns out. But I really want this quilt!

We also tried Colorado Lady's stuffed chicken shells this week. They're the yummiest thing I've made in a long time -- even my hubby liked them! For more Try it out Tuesday posts, hop over to Jo's Country Junction.

3 comments:

Missy Shay said...

Everyone is featuring this quilt! I am going to need this book so I can try it out too!

Denise said...

I just love looking at all your quilts. My first love is cross stitching but I do enjoy quilting also.
Happy stitching
Denise

kwiltnkats said...

Country Threads will take care easily of all your Charm Pack "needs"! Love your little project...wouldn't want to use a template to make all the pieces though. Nice work, Sandi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails