Saturday, December 28, 2019

Designer Cross Stitch Projects: Over 100 Colorful & Contemporary Patterns

This is one of those books that I picked up just because it was about cross stitch. The cover didn't particularly appeal to me and I'm much more interested in that "your grandma's cross stitch" that everyone else wants to avoid. So contemporary projects didn't sound promising. 


I'm obviously confused about what's contemporary. Some of these projects absolutely scream 1970s to me.


I can see myself stitching the passport cover, maybe with more muted colors or on a different fabric, and that little blue camera case.


I am absolutely going to stitch the manual typewriter because just about any pattern with an old looking  typewriter is one that appeals to me. The quill and inkwell are adorable, too.


Designer Cross Stitch Projects: Over 100 Colorful & Contemporary Patterns was a pleasant surprise and I'm glad I picked it up at the library. I do think that they're counting creatively to get to that hundred patterns, maybe including each element of the Scrabble tile alphabet. But there are more than enough great patterns in here that I might want my own copy.

If you want to see a complete flip through, click the video below --

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails