Monday, August 27, 2018

Figuring Out Where I Left Off

Picking up Stonehearth Hutch again wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I had the tree along the left edge stitched, so I'm using that as a landmark and making decent progress.

What wasn't working for me was the situation with my floss. That's three different sizes of bags and loose skeins of floss and general chaos. It must have been working for me back in 2004 or I wouldn't have three quarters of the project done, but this week it's been making me crazy.  

I thought I was going to wind it all onto pretty bobbins, but I couldn't find the empty bobbin box I'd set aside for a new project. Instead I took snack bags and index cards and now all of the flosses are in order by number and marked with their symbol from the chart. Except for the ones that weren't here....those could explain why I've been wasting so much time looking for the colors I need. Maybe I borrowed them for another project or didn't have them in the first place. I'll pull them out of that master set I spent so much time getting together this spring.

There really isn't much of this project  left to stitch, not if I compare it to the entire chart. Hopefully the other full coverage piece I unearthed is better organized...although I doubt it will be.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It's really pretty, so definitely worth finishing. I have tried everything to organize my floss (which I use for crazy quilting, not XS), and I still am not convinced there's a way that works well for me. LOL


Related Posts with Thumbnails