Saturday, October 06, 2012

the monster's clothes

Today is Day 3 of Judy's Quiltathon and it has been such a nice day. We had baked oatmeal for breakfast and snacked our way through lunch, and now there's white chicken chili simmering on the stove for dinner. The sun is shining, everyone is happily puttering around the house....I wish most days could be like this one!

Yesterday, I was working on the blocks that go around the outside edge of my quilt, trying to avoid the monster in the middle. I didn't know what I was going to do about his clothes. Small scale florals were fine for the sky and the pumpkins and the rest of it -- but for the monster's shirt and pants?

I didn't think so either!



I finally wound up choosing a dark green and black print that looks like a mottled solid from a few feet away, and scavenged a bit of black Mirage from Hocuspocusville for his pants. I've still got his shoes to figure out -- I think they're going to be some of the solid black Kona I bought for Scrap Vomit.

Two more stars, a pumpkin, a lightning bolt, the shoes...and the monster's head. I might be avoiding that part, too. It's got a lot of little appliqued pieces.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails