Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Quilt Blocks Around the World



C&T Publishing provided me with a PDF review copy of Debra Gabel's new book Quilt Blocks Around the World: 50 Applique Patterns for International Cities & More: Mix & Match to Create Lasting Memories.



The more I browse through this book, the more I like it. The fifty blocks depict a wide variety of destinations and the author includes suggestions for mixing and matching elements to customize your quilted travels. The gallery section shows the blocks incorporated into quilts, wall hangings, and tote bags. There's a lot that can be done with these patterns.

The six inch patterns can be used as-is or enlarged from the book on a color copy machine or with the enclosed CD. (The author strongly suggests enlarging them to at least eight inches.)

Although my own world travel has been limited, I'd love to enlarge one of the blocks for a tote bag or the center of a medallion quilt.



All pictures in this post were provided by Debra Gabel.

1 comment:

Kristy QP said...

Love the Venice one! I think these'd look great on a tote bag, or even as placemats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails