Sunday, March 06, 2011

Can I claim credit for these?

In one of my recent scrap bags was a stack of half square triangle units. Some unknown quilter went to a lot of trouble cutting those squares, marking diagonal lines, sewing then and cutting then and pressing them open.... So why didn't she put them together into a finished project? Or were all of these squares left over from something she did finish?

My scrap bags are full of these intriguing little mysteries, which is why they're so much more fun than buying new fabric straight off the bolt.

Last week, when I was determined to use up some stash so I'd have decent numbers in my weekly stash report, I decided to put them together into a lap quilt.



There were enough left over to add a border and make a second one. (The border and matching backing are another inexpensive thrift store find.)



I love these little lap quilts enough that I'm thinking of cutting a bunch of triangles on my own and making more like them.


Weekly Stash Report for week starting 2/27/11

Fabric Used this Week: 4 1/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 21 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 195.5 yards
Net Used for 2011: - 178.25 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 100 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 3250 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 900 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 4150 yards
Net Used for 2011: -900 yards

To see how everyone else did this week, click over to Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think it totally counts! Plus it is cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails